Toggle mobile menu visibility

Council housing and tenancy information

Local authority housing or council housing is long term, low cost accommodation. You will need to complete an application to join our housing needs register.

Council housing

Find out more about council housing and apply online.

Council housing tenancy agreement

When you begin to rent a property with us you will be asked to sign a tenancy agreement.

Furnished council housing

We can provide you with the essential furniture you need to help make your house into a home.

Home insurance for council tenants

Information on buildings and contents insurance for council tenants.

Rent information for council tenants

Information about paying rent for council tenants.

Tenancy Support Unit

Our Tenancy Support Unit provide housing-related support and advice to home owners, housing association tenants, council tenants and those who rent from the private sector.

Council housing tenancy fraud

We take the issue of housing tenancy fraud very seriously and have a number of internal checks in place in order to both prevent and uncover such fraud.

Leaving council housing

If you are thinking of ending your tenancy there are certain things you need to do before you leave.

Council tenants and leaseholders

Information for council tenants and leaseholders who live in houses, flats and sheltered accommodation.