Volunteer litter picking
There are a number of litter picking hubs in Swansea offering equipment and support for volunteers.
The hubs provide the kit, safety guidance and insurance for you to undertake the activity safely and can be found at:
- Central Library
- Clydach Library
- Morriston Library
- Penlan Library
- Pontarddulais Library
- Townhill Library
- Blaenymaes Drop-in Centre
They are run in partnership with Keep Wales Tidy, who fund the hubs through their Caru Cymru programme.
Each hub has approximately 20-30 litter pickers available to borrow. Groups can request to borrow from multiple sites if necessary.
Who can take part
See below for current restrictions on larger group litter picks due to Covid.
- Organised groups
Locations of litter picks
Any location within Swansea is acceptable although most popular and commonly picked are our beaches (Swansea Bay / Bracelet / Langland / Caswell / Port Eynon) and our larger parks.
What to do with the rubbish collected
We can then contact you to arrange collection and disposal of the waste.
Please note that we need at least 5 working days' notice.
Covid restrictions - large groups
Unfortunately we cannot support informal groups at the moment such as a big group of people, multiple families etc.
We are currently limited to supporting:
- Formal groups with insurance:
- activity organiser is legally responsible for ensuring the activity is in line with regulations on day of event
- organised activity can have 30 participants, but organiser has to be able to satisfy all legal requirements (especially risk assessment, social distancing and appropriate hygiene measures)
- Formal groups without own insurance:
- formal groups can borrow equipment from our hubs, and would be insured provided they follow hub guidance and meet all the Coronavirus legal requirements
- activity organiser is legally responsible for ensuring the activity is in line with regulations on day of event, not the hub manager, and this includes risk assessment, social distancing and appropriate hygiene measures.