Cwmgelli cemetery covers around 8 acres in the Treboeth area of Swansea and it was opened for burials in 1896.
- There is no longer any space to provide new graves; though interments are still available for coffin burial in existing family graves (subject to depth);
- Cremated remains can be buried in New bricked plots and also in existing family graves;
- Cremated remains can be scattered on existing family graves or in designated garden areas;
- Services are available Monday to Saturday at 30 minute intervals.
Memorials can only be erected by a memorial mason affiliated with the British Register of Accredited Memorial Masons (BRAMM) scheme. Lawn and kerb set memorials can be erected on any grave (subject to regulations).
There are no restrictions for pedestrian access; however, vehicles are allowed during the following hours:-
- Monday to Thursday 9.00am - 4.30pm
- Friday 9.00am - 4.00pm
- Weekends and Bank Holidays 10.00am - 4.00pm
Drivers must drive slowly and show due care to any pedestrians in the cemetery.
Dogs are allowed into the cemetery but must be kept on a lead and under control at all times; owners must show respect and consideration for other visitors by keeping to the paths and not walking on graves and remembrance gardens with their dogs; any mess must be picked up immediately and deposited in the bins provided. The cemetery supervisor may refuse access to the cemetery grounds if these conditions are not complied with.
Travelling to Cwmgelli Cemetery
Postcode - SA5 9DB
Travelling by car - Leave the M4 at Junction 45 and head towards Swansea on the A4067/ Ffordd Cwm Tawe. At the first roundabout continue straight on. At the second roundabout move into the right hand lane and take the third junction towards Brynhyfryd onto Cwm Level Road. Continue up the road and take the third right onto Quarry Road and the immediately right again onto Heol Nant Gelli. Continue straight on. At the far end of the road there is a dead end sign up ahead. Continue straight on and the cemetery gates will be ahead.
Travelling by bus - The cemetery is close to a bus route and the service runs regularly from Swansea Quadrant Bus Station to Morriston; stops are on Llangyfelach road, approximately 5 - 10 minutes' walk to the cemetery.