ParkLives offers fun activities in parks, encouraging people to make new friends and enjoy the green spaces in their local community.
From balance bikes and pop up sessions to health walks in the community, as well as tai chi, Nordic walking and low impact fitness, there's a variety of ParkLives sessions to suit everyone. The timetabled activities are usually one hour long and led by supportive, friendly, trained session leaders, and volunteers from the local communities.
Current ParkLives sessions
All sessions are subject to change. We will amend sessions in accordance with current government guidelines.
- Dance Health and fitness, Monday, Forge Fach (Clydach), 10.30am-12.30pm. A fun class to improve balance, strength, agility and flexibility to support longevity and prevent falls. Class includes a cuppa and chat following. Call Vic on 07795295409 for more information and to book on.
- Nordic Walking 16+, Tuesday, Cwmdonkin Park, 10.00am - 10.45am.
- Companion Rides, Wednesday, Dunvant Rugby Club, 10.00am - 12.00pm. Booking essential directly with Bike Ability Wales on 07584 044284.
- Low Impact Fitness for Older Adults, Wednesday, Sketty Park Community Centre, 10.00am - 10.45am.
- Pilates 16+, Wednesday, Neuadd Llewelyn Hall, 10.30am - 11.15am.
- Tai Chi 16+, Saturday, St Phillips Community Centre, 10.00am - 11.00am
Check out the full list of activities and book a place via ticketsource: www.ticketsource.co.uk/swanseasportandhealth
For more information email: Park.Lives@swansea.gov.uk
Keep up to date
The ParkLives initiative is led directly by Swansea Council's Sport and Health team. It was initially established from commitment by Coca-Cola Great Britain to invest in community-based projects.