Why wasn't my bag collected? - student recycling and waste guide
If your bag isn't collected by 4.00pm on collection day and / or you find a black and yellow sticker on it then we have been unable to collect it for a reason.
- You have placed materials in the incorrect bag - check the description on the bag or your recycling guide for a reminder of what is and isn't accepted
- Paper and card are mixed in the same bag as metal and glass - paper and card (together) must be in a separate bag to metal and glass (together)
- The bag is out on the incorrect day/week - always check your schedule
- The bag exceeds weight/size limits - maximum 15kg
- More than three black bags have been put out for collection - keep it to three!
Everyone makes mistakes, especially when using the service for the first time. However it's important that you always remove any incorrectly used bags from the kerbside as soon as possible to store and/or sort ready for the next collection.
If you fail to remove them by the day after your collection they will be cleared by our street cleansing crew and you could receive a fixed penalty notice of £100! Not an ideal way to mark your time in Swansea.