Swansea Council has different social media accounts on a variety of platforms.
We're happy to help you in any way that we can and look forward to seeing your views and feedback.
We do expect our users to offer us the same level of courtesy that we offer them, so we have a short set of rules:
- You are wholly responsible for any content you post including content that you choose to share.
- We will remove, in whole or in part, posts which we feel are inappropriate.
- We will report and remove any social media profiles that are set up using Swansea Council's imagery, including fonts, without permission.
- We will block and/or report users who direct posts / tweets at us which we believe are:
- Abusive or obscene
- Containing graphic, sensitive or offensive imagery
- Deceptive or misleading
- In violation of any intellectual property rights
- In violation of any law or regulation
- Spam (persistent negative and/or abusive tweeting in which the aim is to provoke a response)
- Containing possible cybercrime activity, for example phishing or scams
Anyone engaging with us using content or language which falls into the above categories will be blocked and/or reported to the associated social media platform. This is at our absolute discretion.
Responding to users
- We'll do our best to respond to your enquiries within two working days, but in most cases it will be within a few hours during working hours.
- We'll try to help you, or direct you to departments who can, wherever possible.
- Our working hours are 8.30am - 17.00pm Monday to Thursday and 8.30am - 4.30pm on Friday. We'll deal with enquiries sent outside of this time as soon as possible when working hours resume.
- Our social media accounts are here to provide information and support
- Councillors are responsible for their own social media accounts
- We do not respond to posts or tweets of a commercial nature