Search site
Pencil in a box

Skin piercing licence

If you work in a business that carries out skin piercing you must have a licence.

The licence covers acupuncture or tattooing, semi-permanent skin colouring (micropigmentation), body and ear piercing or electrolysis. 

You will need a licence for the business where the skin piercing takes place and for every member of staff that carries out the skin piercing.

In partnership with EUGO : This link opens in a new window How to apply

Register a premises where skin piercing will be carried out

Register an operator who will carry out skin piercing

You must complete the application form in full.  You will need to pay the application fee when you submit your form. 


You must submit your fee with the application. 

If you apply by post you should make cheques payable to 'City and County of Swansea' and send it with your completed form.



Tacit consent

It is in the public interest that we must process your application before it can be granted. If you have not heard from us within a reasonable period, please contact Food and safety.


If you have any problems with your application or would like more information then please contact us on 01792 635600 or email

Powered by GOSS iCM