Pre-planning application advice service
We encourage and welcome the opportunity to provide advice before you submit a full planning application.
Being able to query planning issues prior to the submission of a formal application enables applicants the opportunity to consider these issues and, if necessary, amend the proposals before they are finalised and submitted as planning applications.
Pre-application charging schedule (PDF) [442KB]
What you will get
We will provide you with:
- the planning history of the land on which the proposed development is to be carried out, so as far relevant to the proposed application
- the provisions of the development plan, so far as material to the proposed application
- any supplementary planning guidance, so far as material to the proposed application
- any other considerations which are or could be material in the opinion of the authority
- an initial assessment of the proposed development on the basis of the information provided under paragraphs (a) to (d).
For major developments, we can also provide:
- whether planning obligations (within the meaning of section 106 of the 1990 Act (planning obligations) are likely to be required and, if so, an indication of the likely scope of such planning obligations, including an indication of any sum which may be required to be paid to the authority
- whether a liability to pay a community infrastructure levy is likely to arise, and if so, an indication of the likely amount
- details of any documents and particulars or evidence that would be required for a subsequent application to be a valid application.
These are for general planning enquiries and will apply to most applicants.
Statutory pre-application enquiry form - part 1 (Word doc) [138KB]
Statutory pre-application enquiry form - part 2 (Word doc) [28KB]
These are for confidential enquiries and require VAT to be paid on top of the fee. This application also includes a meeting with one of our planning officers.
Non-statutory pre-application enquiry form - part 1 (Word doc) [138KB]
Non-statutory pre-application enquiry form - part 2 (Word doc) [28KB]
If you still need additional advice before you submit a full planning application you can request a meeting with one of our planning officers. You can also arrange a meeting if your planning application has been refused and you would like to discuss what amends can be made.
Pre-application additional advice/meeting request form (Word doc) [157KB]