Library home delivery service
Our library home delivery service is available for residents who are unable to attend their local library due to health or mobility reasons.
This includes residents who are unable carry books home and also do not have family or friends who can pick up books from local library on their behalf.
If you or someone you know meet the following criteria, please get in touch with us to discuss how we can deliver books to your door, based on your own reading preferences. We can deliver to:
- those who are elderly and frail
- those with physical difficulties
- those with sensory disabilities, especially severe visual impairment
- those with profound or severe learning difficulties
- those with certain mental health problems which make it difficult to leave the home
- those suffering from long term illness
- those who are culturally isolated in the home
- carers, including children and young people, who are unable to leave the home for any length of time
If you meet the above criteria and also have or care for children, please let us know and we can deliver books suitable for their age group if needed.
Residents can access the service on a temporary or permanent basis depending on their needs.