Search site

Family visitors permit

If you are a relative of a person who needs significant levels of care and support due to illness or age, you can apply for a permit to park in the residents parking bays in their street.

Family visitors permit

  • This type of permit is intended to be used by a relative of a person who needs significant levels of care and support due to illness or age.
  • A family visitors permit lasts for one year from the date of issue and must then be renewed.
  • They are free of charge.
  • They allow the visitor to park in the street in which the person to be visited lives.
  • If 2 residents parking permits have already been issued for the property, we will not be able to issue a family visitors permit.
  • Only one family visitor permit will be issued to any one household but it can have two different car registration numbers shown on it.

What evidence do we need to see with your application for a family visitors permit?

Applications for these permits must be supported by a letter from your relative's doctor confirming that the person you are visiting needs significant levels of care and support. You can ask the doctor of the person being visited to complete the PDF Document Doctor's letter for family visitors permit (PDF, 321KB)Opens new window to confirm they need significant levels of care and support. 

If a doctor will charge for providing this evidence/ signing the form, then the Blue Badge of the person who is being visited can be used as alternative form of evidence.

Apply for a family visitors parking permit

When will you receive your permit?

Once you have made your application, the permit will normally be posted to you within 5 working days as long as the form is fully completed and all the supporting evidence has been supplied. Please allow time for the postal service to deliver the permit to you.

If you have not given all the necessary evidence, your application for a permit will be refused.

If you have any queries about an application for a parking permit, please telephone Contact Swansea on 01792 637366.

If a paper permit is lost or destroyed, a charge of £25 will be made for a replacement.

Powered by GOSS iCM