Destination Management Plan
'Destination Swansea Bay 2017-2020' is the official Destination Management Plan for Swansea.
Tourism has long been recognised as a vital contributor to the Welsh economy and it has been highlighted as one of the key drivers of the City Region status. Clearly its importance has significant value in a regional as well as national context.
One of the Welsh Government's priorities is to have robust destination management plans in place, developed and implemented at local level, and therefore recommends that each authority in Wales develop their own Destination Management Plan (DMP). Future funding allocation will be determined from priorities highlighted in local authorities' plans.
The current 'Destination Swansea Bay 2017-2020' addresses the vital role tourism plays in the economy and set a strategic direction for Swansea Bay as a visitor destination. Produced in consultation with major tourism stakeholders, it is regarded as a shared statement of intent between the public, private and third sectors on how to manage, develop and promote Swansea Bay.
'Destination Swansea Bay 2017-2020' is now in its final year and will be reviewed in line with the findings from the 2019 visitor survey, 2020 tourism trade survey, Swansea Council Corporate Priorities as well as the new Visit Wales priorities for the visitor economy as highlighted in their .
Any queries on the DMP and its associated action plan should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, ring the tourism team on 01792 635214.
Timeline for the 2017-2020 Destination Management Plan to date:
- March 2017, DMP Steering Group and approval of DMP Phase 2 (2017-2020)
- May 2017, DMP Delivery Group Meeting (Marketing, PR & Events), TSB Headquarters, Gower
- June 2017, DMP Delivery Group Meeting (Infrastructure & Business Support), Swansea Guildhall
- September 2017, Year of the Sea meeting for watersports operators. 360 Beach and Watersports
- October 2017, Annual Tourism Stakeholder Day, Glynn Vivian Art Gallery, Swansea
- January 2018, DMP Steering Group Meeting, Swansea Guildhall
- April 2018, DMP Delivery Group Meeting (Infrastructure & Business Support), Swansea Guildhall
- June 2018, DMP Delivery Group Meeting (Marketing, PR & Events), TSB Headquarters, Gower
- Sept 2018, DMP Steering Group Meeting, Swansea Guildhall
- May 2019, DMP Steering Group Meeting, Swansea Guildhall
- May 2019, Annual Tourism Stakeholder Day / Marketing Delivery Group, Swansea Guildhall
- January 2020, DMP Infrastructure & Business Support Delivery Group, Meridian Tower, Swansea - more details about this event.
- June 2020 - date of next DMP Steering Group
If you wish to discuss the DMP, marketing, funding opportunities or project ideas, please contact the Tourism Team, Swansea Council on tel: 01792 635214 or email: Tourism.Team@swansea.gov.uk