Search our online catalogue and prepare for your visit.
Our usual online catalogue is not working at the moment: we are working to fix the fault, and we apologise for the inconvenience. In the meantime, all our catalogues are also available on the Archives Hub. This is a collaborative catalogue that covers a number of UK archive services. To use it, enter your search term, then look along the left hand side and filter by holding repository: our records will be listed under "West Glamorgan Archive Service".
Before you begin, here are some links to help you find out how the catalogue works and how to get the most out of searching it:
Other resources on our website
- Want to find a farm or village on an old map? Try our Index of Placenames
- Looking to see what parish registers are available? Here is a list of what we hold
- Did your ancestor die in the First World War? We have made a searchable index to the war memorials we hold.
- Was your ancestor a Swansea mariner? Try the Swansea Mariners website. You can search for Swansea registered ships and the people who sailed them. We hold the original records.
- You can find all sorts of things in old newspapers. Try Welsh Newspapers Online for all the Welsh papers up to 1919.
Found what you wanted? Find out where you can see it:
- Archives, books and articles at West Glamorgan Archives
- Neath Antiquarian Society archive collections held in Neath
- Recordings and films in the Screen and Sound Archive
Want to know more?
- Find out more about getting copies of documents
- We can undertake research for you for a fee. Find out more.
- You can contact us with a query