Visiting Oystermouth Castle
Find out how to book your visit...
- Daily 1 April - 30 September and weekends only during October
- 11am - 5pm (last admission 4.30pm)
- Standard £6
- Concessions £4
- Swansea PTL £3
- Family Ticket (2 adults and 3 children) £18
- Family Ticket (1 adult and up to 3 children) £12
- Children under 5 free
- Season Pass available - enquire at the castle
Oystermouth Castle - Free Child Entry Offer
Picking up the kids from school? Looking for something to do that won't break the bank? Give Oystermouth Castle a visit!
Oystermouth Castle, which has stood overlooking the village of Mumbles for centuries, is worth a visit anytime, but during school weekdays there's free admission to primary school children after 3pm.
The offer is open to all children attending a primary school in the Swansea Council area who are wearing school uniform and accompanied by an adult - who'll pay just £2!
Offer after 3pm, Monday - Friday, available termtime only. Last admission 4.15pm and gates close at 5pm.
Where to park
Oystermouth can get very busy in the summer months. There are three car parks at the bottom of Oystermouth Village (on Mumbles Road), but if these are full you can try one of the Underhill car parks, which are at the top of the village.
To get to Underhill car parks from Mumbles Road, turn up Newton Road when you see the White Rose pub on the corner. Continue up Newton Road past Marks & Spencer (on the left) until you reach a road junction with traffic lights. You will see a school playground on your right and a church on your left.
- To find the paying car park, turn left past the church into Langland Road and you will see the car park about 120 yards on the right hand side of the road. The walk to the Castle from here is 5 minutes.
- To find the free car park, continue straight up Newton Road, with the playing fields on your left and going past the cemetery on your right. At the top of the park, before the houses start, you will see a car parking sign on the left. Turn into the narrow road and you will find the car park amongst the trees. The walk to the Castle from here is 10 minutes.
If you have any further queries or would like to speak to someone about your visit Get in touch with Oystermouth Castle