Tourism Support Fund 2022-23
Supporting small accommodation operators in rural and semi-rural areas of Swansea
What is the Tourism Support Fund (TSF) for?
The Tourism Support Fund 2022-23 (TSF2) forms part of Swansea Council's Recovery Fund and will provide up to £8,000 to support the recovery of small accommodation businesses based in rural or semi-rural parts of Swansea. The overall aim of the fund is to improve the quality of the offer, whether it is through achieving a higher Visit Wales / AA grading or enhancing the visitor experience.
This fund is available to small accommodation businesses (up to 25 employees) based in the rural or semi-rural areas of the City and County of Swansea. Mumbles will also be considered for applications.
Only one application per business. Recipients of TSF1 monies are not eligible.
What can the fund be used for?
Priority will be given to projects which are clearly aimed at improving the visitor experience through upgrading the accommodation offer or achieving higher grading.
Examples of what the fund may be used for include:
- Increased capacity - e.g. additional bedroom, en-suite facilities
- Walking / cycling facilities - e.g. drying room, bike wash
- Accessibility improvements - e.g. better access, ramp, Changing Places
- Significant refurbishment - which will lead to improved grading
What can't the fund be used for?
You cannot claim for:
- Work that has already taken place or is under way
- Any expenditures incurred before funding is agreed, e.g. purchase of equipment, materials, any deposit paid, etc.Work relating to statutory obligations
- Routine maintenance, upkeep or replacement costs
- Revenue costs (website, marketing/advertising, staff, consultancy, etc.)
Timescale and delivery
Applications will be accepted during the period 6 July 2022 - 26 July 2022 (4pm). We aim to return decisions to applicants by 1 August 2022. Projects need to be completed and monies claimed by 3 March 2023.
How to apply
Applications for this fund are now closed.