Toggle mobile menu visibility

Bank holiday information - May

Bank holiday information for our services, including opening times and emergency contacts. All recycling collections will take place on the usual days.

Home insurance for council tenants

Information on buildings and contents insurance for council tenants.

Contents insurance

Your home contains some of your most valuable possessions. However, if they were damaged in an incident, such as a fire or a flood, could you afford to replace them?

Whilst we would carry out repairs to your property, we do not insure the contents of your home. If damage is caused to your possessions by fire, theft, vandalism or flooding, you will NOT be covered UNLESS you have taken out contents insurance.

Having contents insurance gives you the peace of mind that if you did find yourself in a position where you lost something important to you, that you would have it covered.

There are many insurance companies that can provide you with cover, but please check policy details to ensure you have the right level of cover for your needs. Comparison websites will also enable you to check that you have the most competitive quote.

Find out more at: Household contents insurance (Citizens Advice) (opens new window)

Buildings insurance

We are responsible for any damage to the structure of the building itself, but not for your personal contents (which you will need to get contents insurance for).