Anti-social behaviour on council estates
There are a number of ways that we can help tackle anti-social behaviour (ASB) on council estates.
What can you do about it?
- The first step, if you can, is to talk to the person who is causing the annoyance. They may not realise that their behaviour is affecting others, and their actions may not be deliberate or intentional.
- In some cases you may not feel able to take this first step yourself, so in these situations you should contact your area housing office, who will help you sort the problem out.
- The area housing offices are supported by the Neighbourhood Support Unit (NSU) in combating ASB.
- You can report ASB to us online
- Remember, criminal acts, including threatening and abusive behaviour should be reported to the police immediately
- You can also contact Crimestoppers on a freephone number 0800 555 111