Toggle mobile menu visibility

Anti-social behaviour on council estates

There are a number of ways that we can help tackle anti-social behaviour (ASB) on council estates.

Find out more about anti-social behaviour

What can you do about it?

  • The first step, if you can, is to talk to the person who is causing the annoyance. They may not realise that their behaviour is affecting others, and their actions may not be deliberate or intentional.
  • In some cases you may not feel able to take this first step yourself, so in these situations you should contact your area housing office, who will help you sort the problem out.
  • The area housing offices are supported by the Neighbourhood Support Unit (NSU) in combating ASB.
  • You can report ASB to us online
  • Remember, criminal acts, including threatening and abusive behaviour should be reported to the police immediately
  • You can also contact Crimestoppers on a freephone number 0800 555 111

The Anti-Social Behaviour Act 2003 gave social landlords a new powers to deal with anti-social behaviour in and around their estates.

Part of this Act obliges social landlords to publish a statement of policies and procedures they have in place for dealing with ASB and the ways in which they will work with other organisations and residents in order to address this problem:  Statement of policies and procedures on anti-social behaviour (council tenants) (PDF) [73KB]

Report anti-social behaviour on council estates

If you are a council tenant or live on a council estate and are being affected by anti-social behaviour, let us know so that we can help deal with it.

What happens after you report anti-social behaviour

Your initial complaint will be investigated either by the area housing office or by the Neighbourhood Support Unit (NSU).

Anti-social behaviour

Anti-social behaviour (ASB) is when someone or groups of people act in a way that causes harassment, alarm or distress to others.
Close Choose Language