Street lighting helps roads and footways to be used safely. We are responsible for maintaining 30,000 street lights and 5,000 illuminated traffic signs.
We encourage reports from the public about faults and problems to help us arrange for repairs to be carried out.
To help us deal with the problem quickly please tell us:
- the identification number on the lighting column or traffic sign
- the address of the nearest property including its number, the road name, district or village
- a description of the nature of the fault or damage.
If you would prefer to report a problem by telephone then you can call us free on 01792 841660.
What is the procedure for repairing faulty lights?
We investigate the cause of faults within ten working days of them being reported and where possible repair them on the first visit. The majority are repaired on the first visit, others might require more major repairs or involve electricity supply faults.
What causes these faults?
Faults and damage to street lights and illuminated signs can be caused by:
- electricity supply interruptions
- adverse weather conditions
- component failures
- vehicle impact