Toggle mobile menu visibility

Social Services frequently asked questions

Find out answers to the most common questions we get asked about social services.

What statistics do you have about adoption?

You can find stats on adoption in Swansea via the following link: National Adoption Service - publications.

What statistical information is available about looked after children (LAC) in Swansea?

Data around LAC is already publicly available on the StatsWales website including the reasons for becoming looked after. This website also provides historical data (going back to beyond 2009), data on LAC gender, and the facility to compare data across Welsh local authorities: StatsWales - children who are looked after.

When should I contact the Single Point of Contact (SPOC) service?

You can contact us to have a discussion and get help, or tell us if you are worried about a child or young person.

A qualified social worker will listen to you and let you know what information, advice or assistance can be provided and who can help. How much we talk to you about a specific child will depend on the reason for your call and the circumstances.

Who registers domiciliary care providers in Wales?

The responsibility for registering all domiciliary care providers in Wales lies with the Care Inspectorate Wales. The Care Inspectorate Wales (CIW) website has information about how to find registered are services and the latest inspection reports.

What statistical information is available about adult services in Swansea?

Data around adult services in Swansea, including adult safeguarding, service provision and social services expenditure is available on the Stats Wales website and includes the facility to compare data across Welsh local authorities: StatsWales - adult services.

What is the average standard local authority fees Swansea Council pays for eligible elderly people in care homes?

Figures for 2022/23:

  • personal care / residential, elderly frail - £658
  • personal care / residential, elderly dementia - £658
  • nursing, elderly frail - £722
  • nursing, elderly dementia - £754
Close Choose Language