Search site

Adults with a Sensory Loss

Information and guidance for people with a sensory Loss, including those with sight or hearing loss and those who are deaflblind (dual sensory loss).

Swansea Social Services has a Sensory Services Team which includes specialist social workers and care managers who support people with sensory loss. They can provide a range of information, specialist advice and practical support.   Tel: 01792 315969.

10.8.20 - Pease note the Sensory Services telephone number is temporarily out of action.
You can email the team at  

Support services might include:

  • equipment and adaptations to help someone manage at home
  • training and skills to maximise independence
  • assistance with personal care

Before you can receive any of these services we would need to carry out an assessment of your needs

Rights, Advice and Information Service

RNIB Cymru, Action on Hearing Loss Cymru, Deafblind Cymru and Sense Cymru are working in partnership to provide information, advice and support to people with sensory loss in Wales. The service can check that you are getting the benefits and concessions that you are entitled to, help you complete benefit claims forms and support you through the claims process.  They can also let you know about other services and support that is available to you in your area.

Tel: 0333 323 0227

SMS: 07860 031200



These organisations have also produced Sensory Loss - Know your Healthcare RightsOpens new window, a guide for Deaf, hard of hearing, blind, partially sighted and deafblind people using health services

Sight Loss

Information for people who are blind, partially sighted or losing their sight.

Hearing Loss

Information for Deaf people and those who are hard of hearing

Dual Sensory Loss (Deafblind)

People who are deafblind have both sight and hearing loss. This is sometimes referred to as 'dual sensory loss'.

Powered by GOSS iCM