Search site

School transport

The Learner Travel (Wales) Measure 2008 requires local authorities to provide home to school transport for eligible children.

In deciding whether or not free transport should be provided, the council is required to take into account the age of the child, the nature of the route, any wish the parent may have for the child to be educated at a school which provides religious education in accordance with the religion to which the parent adheres, any wish of the parent for the child to be provided with education in Welsh, the needs of disabled learners or learners with learning difficulties, and any particular needs of learners who are children 'looked after' by a local authority.

Walking route risk assessment request

Use our online form if you would like to request a risk assessment for your walking route to school.

School bus card replacement

If your bus pass is lost, stolen or damaged there is a £5.00 fee to pay before a new bus pass can be issued.

Frequently asked questions about school transport

Find out answers to the most common questions we get asked about school transport.

Purchasing a spare seat on a school transport bus

If the number of pupils entitled to free school transport is fewer than the capacity of the bus, the spare seats are made available for purchase by pupils who do not qualify for free school transport.

Pay for a DBS check

If you have been offered employment by an approved operator to work on our Home to School Transport or Client Transport Services (Social Care) contracts on behalf of Swansea Council you will need to complete a DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) check.

Powered by GOSS iCM