Search site

Permission to erect scaffolding / hoarding / fencing on a highway

If you plan to put up scaffolding, hoarding or fencing on any part of the public highway in Swansea you will need a licence from us.

In partnership with EUGO : This link opens in a new window Permits will not be issued if the placing of the scaffold, hoarding or fencing contravenes any provision of the Highways Act 1980.

You will need to have public liability insurance of at least £5 million. A copy of the current certificate of insurance must be provided with your application. You will be able to upload an electronic version as part of the form.

  1. Fields marked * are required
    1. Before completing this application please make sure you have read the terms and conditions of the licence on this website.
  2. Business details
    1. Correspondence address
  3. Details
    1. Please give details of the location of where the scaffolding or hoarding is to be placed.
    2. Please state the length in metres.
  4. Insurance
    1. You should upload a copy of the current certificate of insurance showing details of your public liability insurance of at least £5 million. We are unable to issue a permit without this.
    1. The cost of a permit is £2.00 per linear metre per 28 day period, with a minimum charges of £80.00 per 28 day period and a maximum charge of £3000 per annum. Where a permit is required for less than 28 days the full charge will still be levied.
    2. Are you a robot?
    3. When you click 'submit' you will be taken to our payment system. Please ensure that you fully complete your bank details and progress to the confirmation of payment. If we don't receive your payment we won't be able to process your application.
Powered by GOSS iCM