Replacement Local Development Plan - delivery agreement
The delivery agreement is the first key stage in the preparation of the Swansea Replacement Local Development Plan (RLDP).
The Delivery Agreement (DA) identifies the timetable for the preparation of the RLDP. This includes the anticipated dates for producing the draft or 'Deposit' plan and for carrying out the 'Examination in Public' on its policies and proposals.
The DA also includes a community involvement scheme which sets out how and when members of the public, and other stakeholders, can get involved in the plan preparation process.
A draft version of the DA was subject to a period of public consultation until 20 April 2023. Comments received during the consultation were fully considered and a number of changes were made to the document.
The anticipated dates for the key stages of the RLDP process are identified in the Delivery Agreement as follows:
Stage 2: Pre-deposit participation
- Call for candidate sites: Inviting developers and site promoters to submit candidate sites for potential inclusion in the plan - August - October 2023
- Vision and objectives: Engagement with key stakeholders on developing the vision and objectives and strategic options - September 2023 - January 2024
Stage 3: Pre-deposit consultation
- Preferred strategy: Public consultation and engagement on the preferred strategy, and initial sustainability appraisal report - July/August 2024
Stage 4: Deposit participation / consultation
- Deposit plan: Public consultation and stakeholder engagement on the draft RLDP (known as the 'deposit' plan) and the final sustainability appraisal report - June - July 2025. The deposit plan will present the detailed policies and site allocations, based on the key issues, objectives and supporting evidence for the plan
Stage 5: Submission for examination
- Submission of RLDP and corresponding evidence base to Welsh Government for Examination in Public - December 2025