Search site
Warning ! in circle

Council Tax Reduction fraud - what do you know about it?

Find out more about fraud and how you can help to prevent it.

How can I report fraud?

If you think someone is committing Council Tax Reduction fraud, you can report it to us online. Please see below for the different types of benefit fraud. 

We have to have a good reason for investigating someone for benefit fraud so the form will ask you to give as much information as you can. 

The information you provide is strictly confidential and you do not have to give your name unless you want to.

What happens after you report someone

We will look at the information you give and if you've given enough information will be able to check the person's claim but we aren't allowed to tell you the outcome of our investigations.

Sometimes no action is taken. It might be that the person has declared a change in their circumstances and their benefit is not affected by it.

We will take action if they find the person has been committing benefit fraud. Action can include removing a person's benefits and prosecuting them in court.

Council Tax Reduction Fraud - Report undeclared work

Report someone who is working but has not declared it

Council Tax Reduction Fraud - Report an undeclared partner

Report someone falsely claiming Council Tax Reduction as a single person.

Council Tax Reduction Fraud - Report undeclared savings

Report someone who has not declared all their savings or capital

Report someone who is not living where they claim benefit

Tell us about someone claiming benefit at one address and living elsewhere

Report another type of fraud

Report other types of fraud like undeclared income

Powered by GOSS iCM