Recycling centres - on site rules
Information on who can use the recycling centres and rules for when you visit to ensure everyone's safety.
- Only Swansea residents can use the recycling centres so we may check for proof of residence. Please bring a recent utility bill, your driving licence or Council Tax bill along with you when visiting the site.
- Vans and trailers with valid permits are able to visit Llansamlet and Clyne recycling centres. Vans are not permitted at any of our other centres.
- You must not visit the recycling centre if you are in self-isolation or showing COVID-19 symptoms.
- Please segregate your waste before coming to site to speed up your visit.
- Black bags and non-recyclable waste are accepted at Llansamlet and Clyne recycling centres. Black bags are for non-recyclable waste only. Any bags containing recyclable items will not be accepted with only limited sorting permitted on site.
- Site staff are available to provide direction and advice. Please only bring what you can safely unload yourself.
- Queuing outside of the sites will be restricted. If the queues spill out onto the public highway and cause a risk, Waste Management staff will ask people to leave and return another time.
- Please be considerate to local residents and the environment by switching off your engines when waiting in the queue to access the recycling centre.
- Please treat our staff and fellow site users with respect and consideration. Any incident/abuse of site staff or other users will not be tolerated. You could be asked to leave, banned from future visits and may involve police intervention.