Primary school meals
The primary school lunch consists of a freshly cooked two course meal with a drink and this is provided at every school.
These meals meet the nutritional guidelines as required by the Welsh Government's Appetite for Life and it is our aim to make these attractive and appetising to children. There is a three weekly menu which is circulated via schools to all children in the autumn term outlining the choice. School meals can play a very important part in teaching children social skills and introducing them to different eating experiences.
At £2.40 a day we feel that our menu is value for money and provides a nourishing hot meal that has been designed with kids in mind. Feeding children good school food is a responsibility we take very seriously.
Did you know?
- we freshly prepare all our meals daily - we do not use leftovers and we do not re-heat our meals
- all our meals comply with the Welsh Government nutritional standards
- vegetables and salads are offered to every pupil, every day
- over 80% of our vegetables, salad and fruit are sourced from the UK
- all our eggs are free range and BEIC Lion Quality
- vegetarian and halal options are available daily, with GP referral special diets can be made available.
Aid to learning
Recent research has shown that a good, healthy meal at lunchtime can help improve pupils attention and response during afternoon lessons.
A well balanced diet
We passionately believe that every child deserves a healthy, well balanced diet. A freshly prepared meal at school goes a long way to achieve this.
We are experienced caterers that pride ourselves in maintaining a skilled and caring workforce.