Toggle mobile menu visibility

Bank holiday information - May

Bank holiday information for our services, including opening times and emergency contacts. All recycling collections will take place on the usual days.

Do I need planning permission?

Find out whether you need planning permission.

Permitted development rights set out the conditions and limitations which control extensions and alterations to your house and other works within the curtilage of your property such as erecting outbuildings and providing hard surfaces.

Under permitted development, you may be able to carry out works without the need for planning permission.

Note: even though you might not be required to have planning permission for alterations, you may require building regulations for any build work.

The Welsh Government has advice on permitted development rights for householders: Permitted development rights for householders (Welsh Government) (opens new window)

Further guidance on the need for planning permission is available via the planning portal, where you can also submit an application for a Certificate of Proposed Lawful Development, a legal document which will confirm in writing whether planning permission is required for a proposed development.

Close Choose Language