Pink bag collection
You can use pink bags for plastics. We will collect them on your pink week.
The plastics from each of these bags are collected by different vehicles and processed separately so it's important to only use the bags you have been given and instructed to or your plastic may not be collected.
To ensure your bags are collected for recycling:
- use the pink bags that we have provided
- put your bags out for collection between 7.00pm on the evening before your collection and 6.00am on the morning of your collection day
- wash and squash all plastic items
- use our recycling and rubbish collections search to find out what day we collect your bags
- take care when placing your bag out in severe weather conditions
What to put in the bags
You can put all the following items together in your reusable pink bag:
- plastic bottles including water bottles, milk bottles, cola bottles, shampoo bottles, etc
- clean plastic food trays
- loose plastic bottle tops and caps
- plastic margarine/ice cream tubs
- plastic yoghurt pots
No thank you
Do not put any of the following items in your reusable pink bags:
- plastic bags and carrier bags
- bubble wrap
- cling film
- crisp packets and chocolate wrappers with metallised plastic (shiny) insides
- dirty items
- electrical items
- film lids (such as from microwave meals)
- flower pots
- large items (such as garden furniture)
- plastic toys
- very hard plastic items eg laundry baskets and washing up bowls
Soft plastic items such as carrier bags and film are not accepted in your pink kerbside bag. If they go in any bag from home it must be the black bag.
Certain soft plastic items including carrier bags, bread bags, freezer bags, crisp packets and plastic wrapping can however be recycled if taken to the dedicated banks at large supermarkets.