Charging Policy (Social Services)
Paying for Social Services under the Social Services and Well-being (Wales) Act 2014.
This policy has been produced in accordance with the legal requirements set out in The Social Services and Well-being (Wales) Act 2014 ("the Act") and sets out City and County of Swansea's position on charging for social services.
City and County of Swansea's Charging Policy (Social Services) provides detail on:
- The changes under the Welsh Government's national charging framework
- Our approach and the key principles behind the charges
- How different types of services and support are charged/ not charged for
- How changes will impact on community based service, residential care, direct payments, child and family services, respite care and other services
- How any discretion given to Local Authorities is applied in practice, including deferred payment agreements
- Financial assessment processes, including reviews and appeals
- List of charges that apply from April 2019 (Appendix 1)
List of Swansea Council Charges 2021 - 2022