Oystermouth cemetery covers approximately 28 acres in the Mumbles area of the city and was opened for burials in 1883.
- New graves are available for coffin burial as well as reopening of existing family graves (subject to depth).
- Cremated remains can be buried in New bricked / earthen plots and also in existing family graves;
- Cremated remains can be scattered on existing family graves or in designated garden areas.
- There is also a Woodland burial section which provides new graves for coffin and cremated remains burial.
- Services are available Monday to Saturday at 30 minute intervals.
Memorials can only be erected by a memorial mason affiliated with the British Register of Accredited Memorial Masons (BRAMM) scheme; lawn-type memorials are allowed on any grave; however, kerb set memorials can only be erected on graves in the traditional sections.
There are no restrictions for pedestrian access; however, vehicles are allowed during the following hours:-
- Monday to Thursday 9.00am - 4.30pm
- Friday 9.00am - 4.00pm
- Weekends and Bank Holidays 10.00am - 4.00pm
Drivers must drive slowly and show due care to any pedestrians in the cemetery.
Dogs are allowed into the cemetery but must be kept on a lead and under control at all times; owners must show respect and consideration for other visitors by keeping to the paths and not walking on graves and remembrance gardens with their dogs; any mess must be picked up immediately and deposited in the bins provided. The cemetery supervisor may refuse access to the cemetery grounds if these conditions are not complied with.
Travelling to Oystermouth Cemetery
Postcode - SA3 4SW
Travelling by car -From Swansea City Centre/ A4067 Oystermouth Road. Follow the signs to Mumbles and continue on Oystermouth Road for 4 miles going straight on at the mini roundabout at West Cross. When entering Mumbles turn right at the mini roundabout (White Rose pub) and drive up Newton Road towards Oystermouth Castle. Stay on Newton Road for about half a mile and past the traffic lights. The entrance to Oystermouth Cemetery is signposted on the left directly opposite the cemetery gates, which are on the right.
Travelling by bus - The cemetery is close to a bus route and the service runs from Swansea Quadrant Bus Station to Limeslade Bay on an hourly basis.
Travelling by train - The nearest station is Swansea High Street Station. Buses and taxis can be found at the front of the station. Oystermouth cemetery is approximately 20 minutes drive.