Use of open spaces
We welcome applications from businesses, individuals or organised groups to use Council open spaces in order to run their classes / groups.
Keep Wales Safe - creating COVID safe events
Welsh Government have created specific guidance for event organisers of regulated gatherings during the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. Event organisers will need to refer to this when considering any events that they wish to facilitate in the future. Find the full Welsh Government guidance and regulations here.
Outdoor spaces in Swansea can be used for fitness classes, boot camps, band rehearsal, dance classes, church services and more. Outdoor spaces includes parks, Swansea Promenade, beaches and other similar locations. Terms, conditions and charges may apply.
As part of the booking process you will also be asked to provide the following:
- Proof of public liability insurance (this must be valid for all classes / activities that take place and provide cover of no less than £5 million)
- Proof of instructor qualification if applicable.
- Risk assessment for the proposed site/s which also clearly indicate of how you will comply with Welsh Government regulations with regards to Covid 19
Current regulations include:
- Organised and managed groups up to a max 30 people are permitted
- Organisers must record and supply the details of those in attendance to help deliver our commitment to the Track, Trace and Protect programme.
- Details of how you will manage your activity in a Covid safe way.
- A Covid safe risk assessment must be supplied by law
For a full list of current regulations visit the Welsh Government website.
Each booking will last 1hour 30 minutes (1 hour session with 15 minutes either side for arrival / departure etc).