Your rights as an older person
When we create new policies or amend policies we make sure that we have looked at the impact on older people and their rights.
Ageing well in Swansea
Along with its partners on the Swansea Local Service Board and Swansea Healthy City, we have created an Ageing Well and Strategy for Older People Action Plan 2015 - 2019. This sets out our goals for our work with older people. The third phase of the strategy is Living Longer, Living Better, and runs from 2013-2023. The purpose of this stage of the strategy is that:
- People in Wales feel valued and supported, whatever their age.
- All older people in Wales have the social, environmental and financial resources they need to deal with the opportunities and challenges they face.
As part of engagement work on the third phase, older people in the City and County of Swansea through Network 50+ determined the following as key priorities:
- Health and support
- Getting out and about and social activity.
Members of the Network 50+ Reference group are continuing to represent older people in Swansea throughout this work.
Ageing well in Wales
Our Ageing Well and Strategy for Older People Action plan is based on the Ageing Well in Wales programme.
Ageing Well in Wales is a national programme hosted by the Older People's Commissioner for Wales. It brings together individuals and communities with public, private and voluntary sectors to develop and promote innovative and practical ways to make Wales a good place to grow older for everyone.
The programme aims to achieve:
- To make Wales a good place to grow older for everyone.
- To make Wales a nation of Dementia Supportive Communities.
- To reduce the number of falls.
- To reduce loneliness and unwanted isolations.
- To increase learning and employment opportunities.