Neighbourhood Support Unit
The Neighbourhood Support Unit (NSU) provide a 24 hour landlord presence on our estates.
- support the area housing offices in combating anti-social behaviour
- provide security for the empty council properties by installing, monitoring and responding to alarm activations
- monitor CCTV on a number of council estates
- respond to incidents and undertake foot and mobile patrols to new incidents
- supply, maintain and respond to activations of responsive burglar alarms - these are available to tenants if they have been a victim of burglary, domestic violence, harassment or are in the witness support scheme. There are only a limited number of these alarms, but every application will be assessed.
- remove small amounts of offensive graffiti
For informal advice you can contact the neighbourhood support office on 01792 513940 in office hours or 01792 648507 out of working hours or for emergencies.
The NSU are not there to replace the police - if you see anyone committing a criminal act, you should contact your local police or telephone 999 in an emergency.
Crimestoppers also have a free phone number on 0800 555 111 if you have any information regarding a crime.
- Neighbourhood Support Unit
- 01792 648507