National empty homes grants
Owners of empty homes in Swansea are eligible to apply for up to £25,000 grant to make them safe to live in and improve their energy efficiency.
Apply for an empty homes grant
- Do you own a property that is currently empty?
- Do you need help making it safe and secure before you move in?
- Are you thinking about buying an empty property to live in, but you will need help to bring it back into use?
If yes to any of these questions and the property has been empty for 12 months or more, you could be eligible for a grant of up to £25,000 to help bring your property back to life and improve its energy efficiency.
- The empty home must be located within a participating local authority area, check to see if the grant is available in your local authority area . Swansea Council is a participating authority. There is additional criteria if the property is in Gower Ward.
- The home must currently be registered with the authority's Council Tax Department as vacant (unoccupied and unfurnished) and have been so for a minimum 12-month period at the date of application.
- Applicants must be owners or prospective owners, who intend to occupy the empty home as their main and only residence, for a minimum 5-year period from the date of the certification of grant aided work. (Grant condition period).
How to apply
Rhondda Cynon Taff County Borough Council are delivering the scheme on behalf of Welsh Government.
For more information phone on the grant and how to apply phone 01443 494712 or email EmptyHomesGrant@rctcbc.gov.uk