Toggle mobile menu visibility

My child has a disability

Information for parents and carers of disabled children and young people in Swansea

In Swansea there are many professionals from statutory services and voluntary organisations available to help and support parents with the realisation that their child may have a disability.

The professionals will work with you to identify the needs of your child and put plans in place to help you and your family access support from services. These plans need to be in partnership with parents, to support parents to best meet the needs of their child. Services involved with you and your child need to work in a co-ordinated way to ensure information is shared and you are not having to repeat information to a wide range of professionals.

Paediatricians may refer to Social Services or you can ask for help yourself.

It may be that you will be eligible for the help of a social worker for your child.

The first step is to contact:

Swansea Single Point of Contact (SPOC) Swansea Single Point of Contact (SPOC)

Depending on your child's needs they may refer to the Child Disability Team.


My child has a disability - search for support

There are organisations and websites which offer a wide range of information, resources and support.

Swansea Single Point of Contact (SPOC)

Families living in Swansea can contact SPOC themselves to ask for help or advice.
Close Choose Language