Morriston cemetery covers approximately 38 acres in the north of the city and was opened for burials in 1915.
- New graves are available for coffin burial as well as reopening of existing family graves (subject to depth);
- There is a dedicated burial section for small Babies;
- There is a dedicated burial section for the Chinese community;
- Cremated remains can be buried in New bricked / earthen plots and also in existing family graves;
- Cremated remains can be scattered on existing family graves or in the crematorium Gardens of Remembrance.
- Services are available Monday to Saturday at 30 minute intervals.
Memorials can only be erected by a memorial mason affiliated with the British Register of Accredited Memorial Masons (BRAMM) scheme; lawn-type memorials are allowed on any grave; however, kerb set memorials can only be erected on graves in the traditional sections.
There are no restrictions for pedestrian access; however, vehicles are allowed during the following hours:
- Monday to Thursday 9.00am - 4.30pm
- Friday 9.00am - 4.00pm
- Weekends and Bank Holidays 10.00am - 4.00pm
Drivers must drive slowly and show due care to any pedestrians in the cemetery.
Dogs are allowed into the cemetery but must be kept on a lead and under control at all times; owners must show respect and consideration for other visitors by keeping to the paths and not walking on graves and remembrance gardens with their dogs; any mess must be picked up immediately and deposited in the bins provided. The cemetery supervisor may refuse access to the cemetery grounds if these conditions are not complied with.
Travelling to Morriston Cemetery
Postcode - SA6 6BY
Travelling by car - From the east leave the M4 at Junction 46 and take the first left at the roundabout onto the A48 (Clasemont Road) towards Swansea. If you are travelling from the west leave the M4 at Junction 46 and turn right at the first roundabout towards Llangyfelach. Then take the first left at the next roundabout, keep right and drive straight on at the mini roundabout (passing signs for Morriston Hospital A & E on the left). A few hundred yards up ahead towards the DVLA building, turn right onto Heol Pentre Felin. Drive up the hill and at the mini roundabout follow the road to the left through the gates to Morriston Cemetery.
Travelling by bus - The cemetery is on a main bus route for Morriston, Clase or the DVLA from Swansea Quadrant Bus Station.
Travelling by train - The nearest station is Swansea High Street Station. Buses and taxis can be found at the front of the station. Swansea crematorium is approximately 15 minutes drive.