Toggle mobile menu visibility

Local land charges

We carry out local land searches which are part of the property conveyancing process. It allows prospective purchasers of property and mortgage lenders to find out information that we hold about a property.

  1. Types of searches
  2. Fees and applications
  3. Frequently asked questions


Types of searches

Personal search

Search of the local land charges register only and approved planning applications on the planning register. Information from other public registers should be requested from individual departments. Results will be sent via email. 

The City and County of Swansea currently operates in accordance with the document "Personal Searches: Guidance for Local Authorities and Personal Searchers (2005)". 

Find out more about this search and how to apply: Search for local land charges from HM Land Registry (GOV.UK) (opens new window)

LLC1 search

The LLC1 search informs prospective purchasers of restrictions on the use of the property, such as tree preservation orders, enforcement notices, planning permissions and financial charges.

Find out more about this search and how to apply: Search for local land charges from HM Land Registry (GOV.UK) (opens new window)

CON29 searches

CON29 and CON29(O) searches provide information including local plans, adoption of roads and roads schemes etc.

For further information regarding CON29 please contact the local land charges office.

Where information does not form part of a statutory register, public document or record, we are working towards making more of that information available (at a cost) as soon as it is practical to do so, in accordance with the document "Personal Searches of the Local Land Charges Register and other records held by Local Authorities (2008)".

We await any resultant guidance or policy decisions that may arise from the Government Consultation document on access to information. We also await the outcomes of the work currently being undertaken into the three Office of Fair Trading (OFT) options for a charging regime for access to and/or the provision of information that is currently being undertaken on behalf of Central Government in response to the December 2006 OFT report into the Property Searches Market.

Environmental health search

Information on a specific property or further information on a notice or financial charge revealed on the register relating to an environmental health issue such as pollution, housing, public health, HMOs, certain waste issues and food and safety etc. Issues in the surrounding area of a property will only be highlighted if specifically attached to that property, for example major drain issues in a road and the costs to rectify the problem are split between all the properties affected.


Fees and applications

Search results must be applied for by sending an application by email to the local land charges office. Unfortunately, we cannot accept applications by mail.

We aim to return search results within 10 working days. Please note that extra notice is required over bank holidays.

CON29 forms can be obtained from a solicitor's office, or can be ordered online from a legal stationer such as Oyez. Unfortunately, we are unable to provide forms due to copyright rules.  

You can apply online if you only want an environmental search.

A summary of the fees can be found below. For more detailed list of fees contact the local land charges office.

Search fees

Type of search or enquiry

Fees (including VAT)

CON29O Q4 to Q20 *


CON29O Q21 to Q22 *


Additional parcel of land for CON29


CON29 only

Residential £131.10
Commercial £176.70

 * When submitting separately (ie without CON29) please add an admin fee of £16.50 (including VAT)

Payment should be made by BACS upon receipt of our monthly invoice. Please ensure that our invoice number is stated when the payment is made in order that our finance department can reconcile the payments.  

Our bank details are:
Sort code: 30-00-00
Lloyds Bank 
Account number: 00283290

Quote budget ref:  01 251 25027 800001 00000 000000


Frequently asked questions

Do you require a plan in order to carry out a search?
Yes, a plan is required for every request. This should be submitted together with official CON29 forms. To avoid your search being delayed, you will need to provide a clear plan defining the boundaries, preferably 1:1250 scale.

Do you reply to drainage enquiries?
No. Please contact Dŵr Cymru/Welsh Water on 01443 331063.

Do you expedite searches?
No, we are unable to expedite searches. We aim to return search results within 10 working days. 

How will I receive my search?
All searches (apart from NLIS) are returned via email.

Where can copy documents be obtained?
Please email details of document(s) to us. There is a fee payable, dependent upon the size of the document.

Apply for an environmental health search

Apply for an environmental health search for a property.
Close Choose Language