Library wifi, computers and printing
All of our libraries offer access to wifi, computers and printing services for library members.
Book a computer at your local library (opens new window)
Not a member? Apply to join online now.
Wifi is free in all libraries and available during opening hours for Swansea Library members.
An initial log in is required on your device (available in the library) and then you just need your library card number and PIN.
Accessing the library wifi is safely managed via the public library network.
Printing, scanning and copying
All libraries offer printing and copying facilities.
The types of services available at each library vary and details are available on individual library pages: Libraries in Swansea
Details of printing charges: Library charges and online payment
Printing or scanning from a library PC
You will need your library membership to log onto a one of the public access PCs in order to print or scan from a library PC. To avoid any disappointment at busy times you can book a computer before you arrive at the library: Book a computer at your local library (opens new window).
Wireless printing from your own device
The Princh app offers wireless printing from your own device, without the need for a library membership. You can just download the app to your device, select what to print and pay securely via the app:
- Princh - how to print with an Android phone (YouTube) (opens new window)
- Princh - how to print with an iPhone (YouTube) (opens new window)
- Princh - how to print from a laptop (YouTube) (opens new window)
Acceptable use policy
The internet and your responsibility
Swansea Library and Information Service accept no responsibility for the quality, accuracy, validity or availability of information accessed through the internet. As a user, it is your responsibility to ensure the accuracy of information that you discover. The Library Service assumes no liability for any loss, damage or injury, direct or indirect, suffered as a result of using the equipment or through the use of its wifi facilities (where applicable). Users are reminded that when using facilities it is their responsibility to defend against virus threats and that home computers, laptops and mobile devices should be adequately covered with the latest security software.
Conditions of access
The library service provides free access to its computer services for all library members. Library members who owe fees or charges may not be allowed permission to use the computers until outstanding accounts are settled.
- obtaining, displaying or distributing material which could be considered obscene, pornographic, offensive, racist or abusive
- conducting a business online (this does not include personal financial transactions)
- distribution of unsolicited advertising
- attempting to make unauthorised access to other computers or networks
- alterations of the set up of the computers or to the software running on them
- accessing chat rooms
- any illegal activity