Toggle mobile menu visibility

Adults with a learning disability

Social Services provides a range of services to support adults with a learning disability.

To receive Social Services support, you must first have an assessment by the Community Support Team.

Our services include:

  • special needs services for people with a profound learning disability and/or physical, sensory or communication disability;
  • a day centre for older people with a learning disability;
  • social and educational opportunities which link in with local community facilities;
  • a service that promotes and develops skills training and work related opportunities;
  • a flexible community service which encourages greater independence and offers opportunities to develop skills, abilities and knowledge to take control of day to day living;
  • a support service for adults with a learning disability who have more complex needs or behaviours that challenge;
  • a residential service which provides both planned and emergency temporary accommodation to those unable to stay in their own homes;
  • a respite service offering planned and emergency short stays as well as a break for carers.

Request an assessment from the Community Support Team Community Learning Disability Team

Residential services for adults with a learning disability

Social Services provides a range of residential services to adults with a learning disability.

Registering as disabled

All local authorities are required to keep a register of disabled people, however registration is voluntary.

Search for advice and support

We have provided a list of local and national organisations which could offer you further advice and support.
Close Choose Language