Adults with a learning disability
Social Services provides a range of services to support adults with a learning disability.
To receive Social Services support, you must first have an assessment by the Community Support Team.
Our services include:
- special needs services for people with a profound learning disability and/or physical, sensory or communication disability;
- a day centre for older people with a learning disability;
- social and educational opportunities which link in with local community facilities;
- a service that promotes and develops skills training and work related opportunities;
- a flexible community service which encourages greater independence and offers opportunities to develop skills, abilities and knowledge to take control of day to day living;
- a support service for adults with a learning disability who have more complex needs or behaviours that challenge;
- a residential service which provides both planned and emergency temporary accommodation to those unable to stay in their own homes;
- a respite service offering planned and emergency short stays as well as a break for carers.