We aim to prevent homelessness whenever possible. We can do this by helping you to stay where you are in the long term or by helping you stay where you are until you are able to find somewhere else to live.
The Housing Options office is currently closed but you can contact us online or by phone.
The earlier you let us know about your housing problem, the more we may be able to help. Our advisors can help in the following way:
- talking with relatives and friends about letting you stay in their accommodation until you can find somewhere more suitable
- dealing with notices to leave and possession action by landlords or mortgage lenders, including representation in court
- explaining your legal rights and responsibilities
- dealing with your poor housing conditions
- rent arrears, rent account problems and claiming benefits
- money advice including helping you to reorganise your income so that you can make affordable payments to reduce your debts
- improving the security of your home if you are at risk of violence
- arranging for practical support if you need any help to stay in your home eg form filling, dealing with other agencies such as job centre, utility companies
- finding you somewhere else to live
- rent deposits and bonds
- in many cases we can help people to keep their home and we aim to act as early as possible before the problem gets worse
Telephone: 01792 533100
Housing Options office (currently closed)
17-19 High Street, Swansea, SA1 1LF.
|Monday||10.00am - 4.30pm (phones available 8.30am - 5.00pm)|
|Tuesday||10.00am - 4.30pm (phones available 8.30am - 5.00pm)|
|Wednesday||10.00am - 4.30pm (phones available 8.30am - 5.00pm)|
|Thursday||10.00am - 4.30pm (phones available 8.30am - 5.00pm)|
|Friday||10.00am - 4.00pm (phones available 8.30am - 4.30pm)|