Holiday visitors permit
Visitors who normally live outside Swansea who will be staying in the area for at least 3 days can use one of these parking permits to park in a residents parking bay while they are here.
There are 2 types of visitor permit, one for people renting a property for a holiday on a commercial basis and another for anyone visiting friends or relatives.
Holiday visitors permit - commercial lettings
- either the owner or agent of the property or the visitor can apply for the permit.
- a holiday visitors permit can be requested for each letting.
- only one holiday visitors permit can be given to an address at a time, but there is no limit on how many of this type of permit can be issued in succession.
- there is a charge of £25.00 per week for each permit (there is no reduction in charge for stays of less than a week).
Apply for a holiday visitors permit for a commercial properties Apply for a holiday visitors permit for a commercial properties
Holiday visitors permit - private residences
- the permit application must be filled in by the Swansea resident applying for the person visiting them who will be the permit user.
- the visitors must normally live outside the Swansea area and be staying in Swansea for at least 3 days.
- one visitors permit at a time can be issued, each lasts for 2 weeks and is only valid in the street named.
- although only one domestic holiday visitors permit can be allocated to an address at a time, they can be issued in addition to residents permits.
- a maximum of four permits per property will be available over a 12 month rolling period.
- if a paper permit is lost or destroyed, a charge of £25 will be made for a replacement.
Apply for a holiday visitors permit for a private residence Apply for a holiday visitors permit for a private residence
When will you receive your permit?
Once you have made your application, the permit will normally be posted to you within 5 working days as long as the form is filled in and all the supporting evidence has been supplied. Please allow time for the postal service to deliver the permit to you.
If you have not given all the necessary evidence, your application for a permit will be refused.
If you have any queries about an application for a parking permit, please telephone Contact Swansea on 01792 637366