Search site
Pencil in a box

Highway applications and permits

Apply for street and highway permits, including skips, hoardings, oversails and pavement cafes.

You can apply for a number of permits and licences either by post or online.

These forms are available to download, print and submit by post. Please see the individual forms for contact details.

  1. PDF Document Building Material, Excavation, Cabins/Containers & Roll on/off (PDF, 113KB)Opens new window
  2. PDF Document Pavement Cafe Licence (PDF, 147KB)Opens new window
  3. PDF Document Streetworks Licence Guidance and Application (PDF, 239KB)Opens new window
  4. PDF Document Traffic Regulation Order (PDF, 103KB)Opens new window
  5. PDF Document Portable Traffic Signals Application (PDF, 136KB)Opens new window
  6. PDF Document Insulation - Construction over Highways Application Form (PDF, 126KB)Opens new window

These forms are available to submit and pay online. There are also downloadable versions of the forms if you would prefer to apply by post.

Permission to erect scaffolding / hoarding / fencing on a highway

If you plan to put up scaffolding, hoarding or fencing on any part of the public highway in Swansea you will need a licence from us.

Permission to deposit A-frames / advertising boards / signs on the highway

If you wish to place A-frames, advertising boards or signs on the highway then you will need a permit from us.

Temporary oversail permit

You should apply to us for a permit if you wish to use a crane, scissor lift, cherry picker or similar on or over the public highway.

Skip applications

To place a skip on the highway you must apply for a permit. This should be done at least 24 hours before you intend to place it on the highway.

Vehicular crossover application

Dropped kerbs, or vehicle crossovers are the lowered kerb stones that allow vehicles to access driveways and other access roads to homes.

Powered by GOSS iCM