Governor training and development
Training is an integral part of the development of every governor and this is organised and delivered through an annual training programme facilitated by specialist staff.
Governors can expect to receive:
- Written support materials published by the Welsh Government (WG), and the local authority.
- Induction and other training to help governors carry out their duties.
- Readily accessible advice and support from our school and governor unit, the Swansea Governors Association.
- Help from your school's headteacher, other staff and fellow governors.
- Direct support from local authority specialist staff who help governors deal with specific issues such as personnel, finance, health and safety, property management and the law.
- Copies of Swansea Governor newsletter.
All school governors within the Education through Regional Working region (ERW) (Swansea, Neath Port Talbot, Carmarthen, Powys, Ceredigion and Pembrokeshire can access, free of charge, any training course hosted by any of the authorities in the ERW region.
The School and Governor Team also offer bespoke training sessions on a range of subjects including roles and responsibilities and complaints. If you would like to arrange a session at your school or on a particular topic please get in touch: The School and Governor Team