Search site

Help with the Garden

Outside space can stop being a pleasure when it becomes more than you can easily manage.

You might employ someone to make your garden or outside space easier to look after. Paving, gravel, bark or slate chippings can all reduce the amount of weeding while still allowing low-maintenance shrubs to grow.

Perhaps a younger neighbour would be interested in taking over part of your garden to cultivate as a vegetable patch and share the produce with you.

  • Older people who need advice on where to find a suitable gardener could contact Age Cymru Swansea Bay on 01792 589654 or Swansea Care and Repair on 01792 798599.
  • Grounds for Action is a garden clearance project supported by Social Services which helps older or disabled people who have difficulty managing their gardens. Eligibility criteria apply and a small charge is made.
    Contact Cwmbwrla Day Centre on 01792 652101 and leave a message for Grounds for Action.
  • Council Tenants
    Elderly and disabled Council tenants who need help keeping their gardens in a reasonable condition can apply to the Tend and Mend Scheme. Telephone 01792 525152​ during office hours or pick up an application form from your District Housing Office


Powered by GOSS iCM