FIS training - safeguarding level 3
This training is open to all childcare and play sector.
- Child protection and the law.
- Identifying child abuse.
- Missing, CSE and CE Strategy meetings.
- Fact and opinion.
- Role of IIAA - Integrated Information Advice and Assistance.
- Contributing to a Child Protection case conference and core group - roles and responsibilities.
- The decision making process, thresholds and professional differences.
- Child Practice Reviews.
- Professional Strategy Meetings (PSMs).
You must have completed Swansea's Child Protection / Safeguarding Awareness Level 2 training before attending this training. 'Working Together to Safeguard Children 2010' requires that employers ensure their staff are competent in carrying out their responsibilities for safeguarding and promoting children's welfare. This Child Protection / Safeguarding Level 3 training course is beneficial for all professionals who need to understand the roles and responsibilities for safeguarding the welfare of children and young people at a higher level, including but not limited to:
- All staff who have the responsibility of being the 'named Safeguarding person / designated Safeguarding lead' within their organisation.
- Any person who would have the responsibility of attending Child Protection conferences and / or core groups.
- Staff members with a supervisory role.
Please take responsibility for what you choose to share on these often very emotive courses. If you have any concerns please do not hesitate to discuss them with the training officer after the training.
This course is provided by: Swansea Council Social Services Training. It awards this qualification: Safeguarding Level 3.
All participants will be required to familiarise themselves with the relevant case study prior to the training date - this will be supplied to each delegate by the Early Years Team.
This course will take place online via MS Teams.
Post course evaluations will be forwarded to attendees by the training department.
Attendance certificates will only be provided to attendees who complete and fully participate in the training. Cameras must remain on for the duration of the training.
Training admin will forward confirmation emails, together with the MS Teams training links to those enrolled, a minimum of 48 hours prior to the training date. If individuals have not received an email confirmation 48 hours prior to the course date, please telephone the training department on 01792 636111 or email social.servicesTraining@swansea.gov.uk.
If you wish to receive the training correspondence / literature in Welsh then please contact the Family Information Service by emailing email@example.com.
29 September 2021 - 10.00am - 4.00pm.
Spaces available: 20
Delivery language: English
Cost: £20 per delegate.
For queries, telephone 01792 517222.