Fire risk assessment
Carrying out a fire safety risk assessment in the workplace is compulsory. This applies whether you are a large company or a sole trader.
It is the responsibility of the employer, owner or the person in charge of a building to carry out these assessments. This is set by the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005.
Measures to be taken into consideration are:
- means of escape in case of fire
- making sure the means of escape can be safely used at all times
- measures for providing fire fighting equipment
- measures for detecting fire on the premises and giving warning
- action to be taken in the event of a fire including:
- instruction and training of employees
- measures to reduce the effect of fire.
Where there are 5 or more employees or the premises is licensed or there is an alteration notice in force, then this fire risk assessment and any significant findings must be recorded.
We can give this service for you by way of our professional qualified surveyors. So whether you are a sole trader, a small shop, an office or any other commercial building we can help you.
For further information contact Building Control on 01792 635636 or email us at email@example.com.