Toggle mobile menu visibility

Filming in Swansea

With a vibrant city, stunning coastline and lush countryside, we have a whole host of locations suitable for film, television, commercials and other media.

We aim to make your experience of filming in the city an easy one. We can give location suggestions, pass on contracts for filming on private land, and liaise with other council departments to organise your shoot.

Applying to film

As an initial step, please complete our short enquiry form along with a copy of your public liability insurance for £5 million. This allows us to understand the nature of your shoot and to start the process of organising permission for the location.

Apply to film in Swansea Application to film in Swansea

Alternatively give us a ring on 01792 635435.

Once received, we normally respond within two working days confirming whether or not filming has been granted. We will then be able to liaise with you and provide any relevant advice or support you may need, for example, parking, road closures, partner liaison etc.

Private locations

Some of the land within the City and County of Swansea is in private ownership, which means that permission will need to be sought from the relevant land owner.

The areas listed below need separate permission:

The National Trust (opens new window) own large parts of the Gower coastline (especially South Gower) including Three Cliffs Bay (right of stream looking out to sea) and Rhossili beach (lower half, nearest Worm's Head).

Broughton Farm controls the upper half of Rhossili (near Llangennith).

The Somerset Trust manages the land around Cefn Bryn, Gower and Mynydd y Gwair and Mawr.

The Penrice Estate owns / manages Oxwich Bay and other parts of Gower.

Natural Resources Wales (opens new window) own Parkwood, Parkmill, Millwood, Oxwich, Kilvey Woods and Penllergaer Woods.

Please contact us by emailing or 01792 635435 for further information.

Child performance licences

Where a child is participating in a live broadcast or recorded performance (for example, a television / radio programme or film) a child performance licence may be required.

The person responsible for the production should apply to the child's local council. For children living in Swansea please visit: Child performance licensing.

Useful contacts

Wales Screen (opens new window) encourages the producers of films, TV programmes and commercials to use Welsh locations, crew and facilities. The commission works with international, domestic and indigenous projects of all shapes and sizes, from short feature films, photo-shoots to commercials, documentaries to dramas; and provides invaluable assistance to productions filming in Wales.

Contact: Penny Skuse, Wales Screen, 0300 025 5659 or email

Visit Swansea Bay (opens new window) for information about accommodation, location maps, beaches and events.


Application to film in Swansea

You can apply online to film in Swansea.
Close Choose Language