Emergency repairs to council housing
Our emergency repair service deal with urgent repairs needed to make you safe.
Further work may be required to fix the problem so a follow-up appointment may be needed.
For non-emergency repairs complete the request a housing repair form.
What is classed as an emergency?
- burst or leaking pipes, fittings or cisterns
- flooding between properties
- blocked drains where sewage is spilling out
- blocked or leaking foul stench pipe or toilet (where there is no other working toilet in the dwelling)
- bare electrical wires
- total loss of electricity, water or gas
- total failure of central heating system (between November and March). Any central heating calls reported after 10.00pm will be responded to the next day. However if defects represent a significant health and safety risk then they will be responded to as soon as possible
- making secure windows or external doors
During office hours: 01792 635100
Monday - Thursday 8.30am - 5.00pm and Friday 8.30am - 4.30pm
Out of office hours: 01792 521500
Monday - Thursday 5.00pm - 8.30am
Friday 4.30pm - Monday 8.30am
Other emergency telephone numbers
Emergency services if there is a risk to life (police, fire, ambulance): 999
Gas leaks: 0800 111999
Power failure: 0800 052 0400