Download free eMagazines to your computer, tablet and phone with OverDrive.
If you are a member of Swansea Libraries you automatically have access to our eMagazine service, OverDrive. Not a member? Apply to join online now.
- Over 3,000 subscription magazines such as The Economist, Newsweek, Us Weekly and Rolling Stone.
- No holds and no limit to the number of magazines you can download.
- Add as many titles as you like - they will remain in your account for up to 21 days but you can renew them as often as you like and will not count towards your account limit.
- Download the Libby app from your app store to download and read your selected titles offline and on the go from your phone or other mobile devices.
- To use OverDrive you will need to enter your normal library card number and password/PIN.
- To view all their eMagazines click on the 'Subjects' option in the top left corner and select 'Magazines'.
- To search for a title you can use the magnifying glass search option in the top right corner.
- To checkout a title select the borrow option under the details of each eMagazine. You will be given the option to specify how long you would like to borrow the item for, up to 21 days.
- After you have borrowed a title, click on 'Read now in browser' to access.
If you are reading your magazine on a PC or Mac or mobile device through the browser (eg Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Safari etc) you will not need any additional software, but you can use the Libby app in your web browser if you'd prefer.
Help is available on the OverDrive website.