ECO Flex is a government scheme which provides funding for energy efficiency improvements in the home such as a new central heating system, upgrades to the existing heating system and/or insulation.
Before applying for ECO Flex, check the Nest scheme, which offers a range of free, impartial advice and, if you are eligible, a package of free home energy efficiency improvements such as a new boiler, central heating or insulation.
Nest Wales / freephone 0808 808 2244
In Swansea the ECO Flex scheme aims to support households who are most likely to experience fuel poverty and those vulnerable to the effects of a cold home.
If you are an owner-occupier or renting privately and your home is currently energy inefficient, funding could be provided to improve this, which will also have the added benefit of reducing your fuel bills.
We will not carry out any work, there are 3 companies who will administer the scheme on our behalf and you can choose any one to carry out the works. Any ECO Flex related queries should directed to these three companies.
Are you eligible?
Firstly you will need an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) for your property. Your property will need to fall into bands D/E/F/G, unfortunately bands A/B/C do not qualify. You can check if you have an EPC at Find an energy certificate (gov.uk). If you don't have one you're chosen energy company will provide one.
For you to qualify you must fall into at least one of the four routes outlined below:
EPC SAP bands D-G and households with an income less than £31,000 (Gross) this cap applies irrespective of the property size, composition, or region.
SAP bands E-G households that meet a combination of two of the following although 1 and 3 cannot be used together.
- Homes in Welsh provision LSOA 1-3 on the Welsh Index of Multiple Deprivation 2019. Your chosen energy company will explain this to you.
- Householders receiving a Council Tax rebate (rebates based on low income only, excludes single person rebates).
- Householders vulnerable to living in a cold home as identified in the National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE) Guidance. Your chosen energy company will explain this to you.
- A householder receiving free school meals due to low income.
- A householder supported by a local authority run scheme, that has been named and described by the local authority as supporting low income and vulnerable households for the purposes of NICE Guideline. Your chosen energy company will explain this to you.
- A household referred to the local authority for support by their energy supplier or Citizen's Advice because they have been identified as struggling to pay their electricity and gas bills.
SAP bands D-G households that have been identified by their doctor or GP as low income and vulnerable, with an occupant whose health conditions may be impacted further by living in a cold home. These health conditions may be cardiovascular, respiratory, immunosuppressed, or limited mobility related.
This has yet to be agreed.
How to apply
Contact your chosen company with your details. They will arrange to visit you at home. They will ask some questions and carry out a survey to decide if your home is suitable for energy efficiency improvements.
These are the only companies that we have approved to carry out any ECO Flex related work.
City Energy Network (City Energy)
An energy efficiency consultancy and installer based in Cardiff and Swansea whose developments continue to 'set the bar' amongst our contemporaries and within the energy industry.
We have been delivering funded programmes since 2011 and employ a workforce and supply chain with decades of experience in the energy, renewable and funded sectors where we have been recognised and rewarded both locally and nationally.
As a company we are pleased to be partnering with and supporting Swansea Council on this scheme and look forward to engaging with and enhancing the living standards of the residents in Swansea.
We are also working with CES (Consumer Energy Solutions) and Evan Thomas and Sons to deliver ECO Flex.
- City Energy - ECO Flex
- Tel: 02920 499183 (office hours: Mon - Fri, 9.00am - 5.00pm)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
YES Energy Solutions
Has over 19 years of experience in the sustainable energy industry and has managed some of the UK's largest home efficiency projects.
Established in 2000 as a division of Kirklees Council, YES Energy Solutions grew quickly and soon became an independent Community Interest Company.
Formerly branded Yorkshire Energy Services, we now operate nationally and continue to support a multitude of local authorities, housing associations and organisations on carbon reduction projects. We also work directly with energy companies to help them achieve their environmental obligations.
We are also working with Towy Valley Heating and C&T ECO Consultants to deliver ECO Flex.
- YES Energy Solutions - Swansea ECO Flex
- Tel: 01422 880 100 (office hours: Mon - Fri 9.00am - 5.00pm)
- Email: email@example.com
One of the UK's leading energy companies. As one of the obligated energy suppliers responsible for the delivery of the government led energy saving scheme the Energy Company Obligation (ECO), E.ON has vast experience in funding and installing energy efficiency measures to private and social households.
Over the last four years, across Wales, E.ON has provided nearly £35 million in funding which has resulted in 14,790 households receiving energy efficiency measures to their properties. We are now pleased to be working with Swansea Council and its partners to help tackle fuel poverty across the city and county.