Download free eBooks to your computer, tablet and phone with BorrowBox.
If you are a member of Swansea Libraries you automatically have access to our eBook service, BorrowBox. Not a member? Apply to join online now.
- You won't have to worry about paying any late fees as they will automatically be removed from your device at the end of the loan period.
- Downloads are available for most eReader devices.
- You can borrow up to 10 eBooks for loan periods from 1 day up to 2 weeks.
- To register/login, select the 'sign in' button in the top right of the BorrowBox home screen. You will need to enter your normal library card number and password/PIN. On first use you will also be asked to provide an email address to set up your account.
- Select 'eBooks' from the top menu to view their titles. You can view featured titles, new releases and top downloads as well as browsing by category.
- To search for a title you can use the search box in the top right hand corner.
- To checkout an item select the borrow option under the details of each eBook.
- After you have borrowed a title, click on the download button on the loan successful page and choose to download an eBook either in a single download or in parts. If you get a pop-up with options to 'Open, Run or Save' your loan when you download, make sure that you select save, otherwise the eBook will not save to your device properly.
- After 14 days there will be two available renewal periods of 2 weeks. After this, or if you choose not to renew, the ebook will no longer be available to open and you will need to delete the file from your device.
Finished your book sooner than expected? Hit the return button so that it's available for someone else to enjoy.
- If the title you want to borrow says 'reserve' rather than borrow this is because another library user has already borrowed the book. If you still want to borrow the book select reserve. As soon as the eBook becomes available you will be sent an email.
The first time you try to download an eBook you will be prompted to download and install Adobe Digital Editions if this software is not already on your PC/Mac. A list of supported devices is available from Adobe Digital Editions. If you are using an Android mobile device, Kindle Fire or iPhone/ iPad you can download the BorrowBox app.
Help is available on the BorrowBox website . You will need to be signed into the website to access it.